Seriously. I sent this coffee cake into school for the Varsity boys’ pre-game brunch (after Mass, of course) and they all loved it. One guy even had his mom text me to get the recipe. This one is even better if you make it just before you’re going to serve … and serve when cool enough to eat! It is so delicious …
Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake (from Food.com with slight changes by me)
Start the night before you want to serve!
• 3c flour
• 1⁄4tsp salt
• 1c sugar
• 4tsp baking powder
• 1 1⁄2c milk
• 2tsp vanilla
• 1⁄2c butter, softened
• 1c butter, softened
• 1c brown sugar
• 2tbl flour
• 1tbl cinnamon
• ½ tbl allspice
• 2c powdered sugar
• 5tbl milk
• 1tsp vanilla
The night before:
1. Grease a 13×9 pan.
2. Mix all cake ingredients together and spread in pan.
3. Mix topping ingredients and drop in small amounts on top of cake batter, swirling it together.
4. Cover air-tight and place in fridge for the night.
The day you want to serve:
1. Take out the pan and allow to come up to room temp (about 30minutes or so). You can also start the oven preheating to 350
4. Once the batter is up to room temp, place in oven and bake till golden and tests done (approx.28-32 min).
5. Mix glaze ingredients together and drizzle on warm cake.
6. Enjoy! Best served as soon as cool … but also excellent later on (if any left over).