The Brigid Collection
The Brigid Collection is a special collection of patterns for the 2012 knitting year. Named for my 2012 patron saint, St. Brigid of Kildare, this collection will be a celebration of Irish hand-knits.
Each month, on or around the 15th of the month, I will post a new Celtic-inspired design with this logo … some will be classic cable-knit styles, some will be knitted Irish lace, and some will be colorwork inspired by the Emerald Isle.
1. January — Killarney Caubeen
2. February — Chroi Thine (hearts on fire) Cowl
3. March — Brede’s Emerald Isle poncho
4. April — The Rose of Tralee scarf
5. May — My Wild Irish Rose
6. June — Sorcha’s Shawl
7. July — Roisin’s Garden Shawl
8. August — The Irish Sea Shawl
9. September — Ciarnan’s Cover… a five-foot round blanket or shawl
10. October — Barra’s Blanket and Cap
10-1/2. BONUS! October — Fiona’s Fingerless Mitts
11. November — Blue Ridge Mountains shawl
12. December — Nollag Seal (or “Christmas Shawl” in Irish)